- This document serves to inform our policy, which applies to any registered information about users and sets out the conditions under which we may process any personal data collected or transmitted by the user. It also defines the information that can identify the user (“personal data”) and those that do not. In the legal context and this text, “processing” means collecting, storage, transmission, use, or other activities carried out on the data.
- We regret to inform you that you should leave our website immediately in case of disagreement on one or more points of the regulations.
- We are serious about protecting your privacy and confidential data. We realize that all visitors to our website have the right to expect that their data will not be used for any unintended purpose and will not accidentally fall into the hands of third parties.
- We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of all information provided by users, and we hope that it will take place with reciprocity.
- Our policy is consistent with applicable UK law, including the Data Protection Act 2018.
- The law requires users to be informed about their rights and obligations towards users about their data processing and control. Therefore, please refer to the information provided at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection.
- Except as set out below, we do not share, sell, or disclose to third parties any information collected through our website.
Basis of personal data processing
The law imposes an obligation to determine which of the six defined processing grounds applies to specific personal data categories and to inform the user thereof.
If the basis for personal processing data is no longer applicable, we will immediately cease processing it.
In case the basis is changed, if legally required, the user will be informed of such change and any new base allowing the data processing to continue.
Processing of data resulting from contractual obligations
When creating an account on our website by the user or him/her behalf, it is considered that the user is purchasing a product or service, or otherwise agrees to our terms and conditions, and a contract between the user and Lidertax Ltd is concluded.
To fulfill the obligations of this contract, it is necessary to process the information provided by you. Some of this information may constitute personal data.
We process data for the:
- verify identity for security reasons
- selling products to users
- ensure the provision of services
- provide suggestions and advice on products, services, and best use of resources from our website
We process the above information as part of a contract between the user and us or request to use it before entering into a legal agreement.
Besides, the data may be combined in a general manner and used to provide certain information, for example, to monitor our performance about a particular service we provide. The data used for this purpose will not identify individual users.
The data will be processed until the end or termination of the contract by either party according to its terms.
Processing of data with the user’s consent
Data processed for needs arising from a legitimate business
We may process data for our or user’s legitimate interests. When we process data on this basis, we carefully analyze:
- whether the same goal can be achieved by other means.
- whether or not processing (or lack of processing) may harm the user
- whether the user would expect to process his/her data and whether this would be justified in his/her judgment
Users’ data may be processed on this basis for the purpose:
- keeping records for the proper management of our company
- respond to the user’s correspondence that he or she is waiting for a reply
- protection and enforcement of the rights of either party
- insurance or obtaining professional consultations required for business risk management
- protect the user’s interests where we believe we have to do so
Processing of data resulting from a legal obligation
Like any entity, we are subject to the law. Sometimes we have to process user data due to a statutory obligation. For example, we may be obligated to provide information to legal authorities if they request it or have the appropriate authorization, such as a search warrant or court order.
Exceptional cases of use of data provided by users
The data provided, taking into account that they will be made available to third parties
Our website allows us to publish information for reading, copying, downloading, or use by others. Examples include
- posting messages on our forum
- image tagging
- click on the icons next to another user’s message to express approval, disapproval, or acknowledgment
When publishing private personal data, the user has to decide for himself the privacy level of the persons who will be able to use it. Lidertax Ltd will not use this information except by consenting to its display or sharing. The company will store it and reserves the right to use it in any way in the future. Once the information is made available in the public domain, we have no control over it, and under no circumstances are we responsible for what third parties may use it. In justified cases, where there is no legal basis for retaining such data, we may, in our sole discretion, agree to your request to delete your published personal data. Any request should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints about content on our website
We try to moderate user-generated content, but we cannot always do so as soon as the content is published. Any complaints about content on our site will be reviewed. Where we believe it is reasonable or required by law, we will remove the incompatible content. Freedom of speech is a fundamental right, so we will have to judge whose liberty has been violated: the user-recipient or the user who has published offensive content. In the case of unfounded complaints, we reserve the right not to respond to them.
Data on the payment method
Payment details are never collected or transmitted by us or through our website or in any other way. Our employees and contractors never have access to such data. At the time of payment, the user is redirected to a secure site on PayPal or another reputable payment service provider. The site may resemble our website but is not controlled by us.
Once we have received the user’s job application data, we may store it for up to three years if we decide to contact the user at a later date. In the case of employment, we periodically collect information about employees and their work throughout the job. This information will only be used for purposes directly related to employment. Upon employment termination, we will retain employee records for six years, after which time the data will be destroyed or deleted.
Sending messages to our support team
When the user contacts us by phone, through our website, or by email, we collect the user’s data to respond. The inquiries and responses are recorded to increase our business efficiency. We store personal information related to the user’s messages, such as your name and email address, to keep track of your communication to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the user’s information to enable us to resolve the problem. If a complaint reasonably requires us to contact another person, we may provide the other party with some of the user’s complaint information. We do this as little as possible at our sole discretion as to whether and what information is provided. We may also compile statistics that present data obtained from this source to evaluate the level of service we provide, but not in a way that would enable us to identify the user or any other person.
Information on affiliates and business partners
There is information provided to us by you as an affiliate of us or our business partner. They allow us to recognize visitors referred by the user and to attribute referral commissions to the user. They also include information that will enable us to transfer commissions to the user. This data is not used for any other purpose. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and terms and conditions of our cooperation, counting on these rules’ reciprocity by our affiliates and partners.
Use of information collected through automated systems when visiting our website
Cookies are small text files placed on a computer’s hard drive by the browser when visiting websites. They allow the information collected on a website to be stored until they are needed for use on another website, allowing the website to be personalized and the website’s owner to statistics concerning the way the website is used for optimization purposes. Some cookies may be stored for a certain period, for example, one day or until close the browser. Others are unlimited in time.
- track the use of our website
- notify page views of specific messages displayed on our website
- hold a user session after logging in
- register responses to surveys and questionnaires on our website
- record the conversation during a live chat with our support team
Identification data from browsing activity
The user’s browser requests are sent to our servers for web pages, and other contents on our website are registered.
We record information such as geographic location, Internet service provider, and IP address. We also record information about the software used to browse our websites, such as a computer or device type and screen resolution.
We link this information and use it to evaluate the popularity of subpages on our site and the quality of delivering content to users.
Combined with other user information collected during previous visits, this information could be used to personally identify, even if the user is not logged on to our website.
Our systems automatically collect anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser types, language, and the website visitor’s time and date.
The data collected does not include personal data and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis to understand user behavior and website administration better.
Google Analytics and search engine data
Our website uses Google Search Index, also known as Google Web Tools or Google Search Console, a tool provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) and Google Analytics tools. The information generated by Google’s search engine on the use of our keywords will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information to evaluate our website’s use, compiling reports on website activity for website operators, and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties required to do so by law or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Our use of remarketing
Data from third parties
Although the user’s personal information is not disclosed to any third party (except as set out in this policy) through the website, we sometimes receive data indirectly created from third parties’ personal information from the services we use. We may disclose the user’s personal information through any services or products offered, but only if there is a legitimate interest.
Third-party advertisements on our website
To help combat fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies as long as it relates to customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payments without giving us a valid reason and allowing us to return the money.
Processing of data outside the European Union
Access to own data
The user can view or update his or her personal information held by us at any time by logging into an account, if possible. To receive any copy of the information that is not listed, please send us a request to email@example.com. Once we have received the right, the user will be informed of the expected delivery date.
The user can remove personal data from our website by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It may limit the services we provide.
Verification of user data
When we receive a request to access, edit, or delete personally identifiable information, we will first take reasonable steps to verify the user’s identity before granting access or taking any other action. It is to protect users’ data.
Use of the website by children
We do not sell products or provide services for children. If the user is under 18 years old, he/she may use our site only with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Encryption of transmitted data
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity in the browser and encrypt any user data. Every time information is transmitted, this can be checked using SSL. The presence of a locked padlock symbol or other trust marks in the URL bar or browser toolbar indicates data encryption.
Period of storage of personal data
- provide the services requested;
- comply with other laws, including storage period
- required by the tax authorities;
- supporting a claim or defense in court.